Driver’s Ed Scholarships
Good news! The Georgia Driver’s Education Commission (GDEC) now offers a Drivers Ed scholarship. The best news? The state has named Drive Smart Georgia as an authorized provider.
Georgia Driver’s Education Grant Scholarship program
The Drivers Ed scholarship satisfies all Joshua’s Law requirements. That means it includes thirty hours of classroom instruction and six hours of behind-the-wheel driving instruction with an approved instructor.
Georgia residents aged 15-17 can apply for the Drivers Ed scholarship through the Georgia Driver’s Education Grant Scholarship program.
Take these steps today to apply for the Drivers Ed Scholarship
- Step one – CLICK HERE to be directed to the official Grant Scholarship page. Once there, click on “student login.” Under “Create a New Account,” fill in the required fields and click on “Sign Up.” Once you submit the New Account request, you will receive an email with details of your user ID and password. After receiving the login information, under the ALREADY REGISTERED USER? section please select the “CLICK HERE TO LOGIN” button. After clicking, a new page will appear to login to the application. To login, enter the user id and password you received in the email.
- Step two – If approved, you will receive a redemption code from the state. Simply forward the email you receive with the redemption code and a copy of the student’s permit to [email protected]. We’ll be happy to assist you with registration for our $599 Road Wise package. Scholarship can be applied only to the $599 Road Wise package.
How soon will I hear back from the State of Georgia about the scholarship?
- Grant scholarships will be awarded monthly
- Applications for the scholarships will be due by the 5th of every month
- Awards and denials will be issued by the 20th of each month and will be sent by email