Spring & summer schedules are posted! Book now to secure a spot.
Drive Smart Georgia has posted our popular 2022 summer classes for in-person and Zoom instruction. We recommend booking your Drivers Ed class soon, especially if taking it during the popular and always busy summer months.
Secure your spot in one of our 2022 summer classes
Demand is always at its peak during the late spring and summer months. Most students prefer to take Drivers Ed when school is not in session. In order to secure the dates and times you want; Drive Smart Georgia strongly suggests that you reserve your spot soon. Some of our most popular early summer classes sellout as soon as March.
Strict COVID-19 safety precautions in our classrooms
Rest assured that Drive Smart Georgia continues to go above and beyond with the below COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Prior to entering the classroom, each student must answer a quick health questionnaire and have their temperature checked with a no-contact scan thermometer.
- Due to the high transmission rate of the Omicron variant, all of our teachers will wear a mask during the duration of the 30-hour course.
- For the safety of your teens, all students (regardless of vaccination status) are strongly encouraged to wear a mask throughout the 30-hour course.
- Before and after each and every class, Drive Smart Georgia will use a commercial-grade disinfecting unit that is 100% safe to kill airborne germs. This is an above and beyond precaution that we are happy to offer. Watch the video here for more details about this service.
- In addition to using our commercial-grade disinfecting unit, our teacher will disinfect all surfaces (doors, doorknobs, light switches, desks, chairs, faucets, desks, chairs, pens – everything that is touched!) frequently throughout the day. Yes, we have plenty of hand sanitizer for all students too.
- Before and after breaks, students will be asked to wash their hands, one of the best defenses against COVID-19.
- All classroom teachers have signed agreements that they will NOT report to work if they are not feeling well.
- Teachers will take the students outside as often as possible for fresh air breaks
Choose an early 2022 summer class to get those drives in
In order to be completely done with the Drivers Ed classes and 6 hours of in-car driving lessons, we suggest that you book a class in late May to mid-June. Because students need time to practice what they learned during a lesson before proceeding to the next one, they must wait seven days between sessions.
Our cars run from 7 am until 10 pm, but it may be a bit more difficult to book a lesson during the busy summer months. That’s why it’s important to book now to take summer 2022 Drivers Ed classes in late May or early June.
By doing so, your teen will have plenty of time to book and take the three 2-hour in-car driving lessons. Plus, if you booked a package that includes a convenient on-site road test, you’ll have plenty of time to get a license be able to apply for their campus parking permit before the start of school.
What is an on-site road test?
The Georgia Dept. of Driver Services (DDS) allows driving schools to become certified third-party testing facilities. This means that Drive Smart Georgia students can avoid the hassle of the DDS and take the actual road test at one of our three locations. Busy parents love this option!
Can anyone take a road test at Drive Smart Georgia?
No. Only students who complete the 30-hour driver’s ed class AND at least six hours of in-car lessons are eligible to take their road test at Drive Smart Georgia.
Apply now for the Georgia Driver’s Education Scholarship program
The Georgia Department of Driver Services designated Drive Smart Georgia as an authorized provider of the Drivers Ed scholarship program to qualified families.
Georgia residents ages 15-17 can apply for the Georgia Driver’s Education Grant Scholarship, sponsored by the Georgia Driver’s Education Commission (GDEC). The scholarship program satisfies all Joshua’s Law requirements. Furthermore, all grant recipients can take the program with NO out-of-pocket cost.
If you plan on applying for the scholarship program, it’s important to apply now because it can take up to a few weeks for the approval process.
To learn more about the Drivers Ed Scholarship program, click here.
To take a video tour of Drive Smart Georgia, click here.
CLICK HERE get our free newsletter and teen driving tips for parents!
- What is Joshua’s Law? A guide for parents to limit teen driver dangers
- Why did road fatalities spike in 2021?
- Top 5 reasons to worry about teen driver safety