COVID-19 precautions from our CEO
We know that the spread of COVID-19 is in the headlines every day and at the forefront of concerned parents’ minds. Rest assured that Drive Smart Georgia is taking the utmost precautions at all three of our schools and in every single car in our fleet.
As of right now, our Georgia state government has not issued small business closures. Therefore, our classes, driving lessons will go on as scheduled.
With that being said, we are working in overdrive to ensure that all of our front offices, classrooms and vehicles are disinfected and sanitized throughout the day.
If our governor issues further closures, please know that we are currently working overtime to add online Drivers Ed options.
Precautions in our classrooms
To help keep our students safe during the COVID-19 outbreak, we are going above and beyond to disinfect our classrooms.
- Before and after each and every class, Drive Smart Georgia is using a commercial-grade disinfecting unit that is 100% safe to not only remove germs, but to kill them. This is an above and beyond precaution that Drive Smart Georgia is happy to offer.
- In addition to using our commercial-grade disinfection unit, all of our office staff are regularly sanitizing all surfaces (doors, doorknobs, light switches, desks, chairs, faucets, desks, chairs, pens – everything that is touched!). Yes, we have plenty of hand sanitizer for all students too. Before and after breaks, students are asked to wash their hands, the best defense against COVID-19.
- Our doors will remain open in order to circulate fresh air in our classrooms.
- All classroom teachers have signed agreements that they will NOT report to work if they are not feeling well.
Precautions in our vehicles
To help keep our students safe during the COVID-19 outbreak, we are going above and beyond to disinfect our fleet of cars.
- Before and after each and every lesson, Drive Smart Georgia driving instructors are wiping down every surface, switch, mirror, steering wheel, seats and more in each vehicle. Yes, this will happen before and after each and every lesson. Your child’s safety is our top priority at Drive Smart Georgia.
- During the lessons, instructors will open at least one window, weather permitting, to circulate fresh air in the car.
- All driving instructors have signed agreements that they will NOT report to work if they are not feeling well.
Can parents help?
Yes, you can!
- If your child is not well, please do not send him to class or on a driving lesson.
- Please remember that it typically takes 30-60 days to complete our program.
- We are happy to announce that Drive Smart Georgia is temporarily eliminating all cancellation fees until the virus threat calms down.
Drive Smart Georgia is taking every possible precaution during this crisis. We will remain calm during these troubling times and will communicate any possible closures or cancellations.
For more information about COVID-19, head to the dedicated virus web page https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html on the CDC website.
Drive Smart Georgia CEO/Co-Founder